Essex county nj registry of deeds online
Essex county nj registry of deeds online - updating flash on mac
Individuals comprised 21.3% of all households and 12.1% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older.
In 1863, Gilbert & Bennett built a facility at the site for drawing metal wire. A private equity group purchased the company in 1985, and began relocating operations elsewhere.The first colonials to settle in the area of present-day Redding lived near a Native American village led by Chickens Warrups (also referenced as Chicken Warrups or Sam Mohawk in some accounts), whose name is included on multiple land deeds secured by settlers throughout the area.According to Fairfield County and state records from the time Redding was formed, the original name of the town was Reading, after the town in Berkshire, England.Hispanic or Latino of any race were 2.60% of the population.Of 3,470 households, 35.4% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 66.1% were married couples living together, 6.3% had a female householder with no husband present, and 25.3% were non-families.In 1987, the Gilbert & Bennett site was included as part of the Georgetown Historic District listing on the National Register of Historic Places. "Peaceful, tree-lined residential streets converge on a functioning industrial complex; well-preserved historic houses stand cheek-by-jowl with modern factories; the deteriorated slum neighborhoods associated with modern industry do not exist," the nomination states.
In a 1987 nomination document for the National Register of HIstoric Places, proponents cited Gilbert & Bennett as an "anachronism" in the history of U. "The elite of Georgetown, almost exclusively people associated with Gilbert and Bennett, lived in the midst of their workers.
The column halted on Redding Ridge for a two-hour respite, with many residents having fled to a wooded, rocky area dubbed the Devil's Den.
The British column resumed its march to Danbury where soldiers destroyed the supplies, then skirmished Continental Army and militia forces in Ridgefield while on the return march south.
In 1767, soon after incorporation, the name was changed to its current spelling of Redding to better reflect its pronunciation. Some 100 Redding men volunteered to serve under Captain Zalmon Read in a company of the new 5th Connecticut Regiment, which participated in the siege of Quebec's Fort Saint-Jean during the autumn of 1775 before the volunteers' terms of service expired in late November.
In 1777, the Continental Congress created a new Continental Army with enlistments lasting three years.
The reservoir was created in 1938 through the flooding of a portion of the Saugatuck River Valley.